Monday, June 19, 2006

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!


One of the only drawbacks of my job is that I work every weekend, which means I miss out on so many family events. Father's day, for instance has always been one of my all time favorite days of the year. This is such a special day to me because it always makes me reflect on how uniquely awesome my dad is and how much I adore him. I was in California shooting a wedding this weekend, so yesterday was the first father's day I spent away from my dad.

People say there is a special kind of bond that exists between a father and his daughter. I could not agree more. Since as far back as I can remember, my father has been my dearest friend. He is not the type of guy who is ever overbearing or controlling - he is the type that commands respect just by being who he is. His sacrificial, unconditional love for me and faith in who I would become has allowed me to grow into the woman I am today.

Here's to the man who taught me how to love, how to be loved, and how to "get over" any bump in the road with a simple trip to the mall ;)

You are truly an amazing man, dad - my hero!!!

Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!

1 comment:

fgmonteiro said...

I just look at your web site, I was so impressed for the imagens of shangai. They are so speakfull of sentiments.
God Bless you